Level 1 Certification Training
Presented by Megan Miller, PhD, BCBA-D
Training Provided: The first half of the training includes material covering: background, theory, overview of the PEAK assessment and treatment protocols and empirical data on PEAK. The second half of the training includes expanded and interactive completion of the entire PEAK assessment, practicing implementing all four modules' curriculum, generating written progress reports, and producing progress monitoring data displays.
Certification Requirements: Completion of 12 total hours of instruction on PEAK. This is typically done across 2 individual six hour workshop trainings. However occasionally a single 12 hour workshop which combines both shorter days will be offered.
Prerequisites for Level 1 Certification: None
Performance for Certification: Attendance at PEAK 2 day training workshop for total of 12 hours
Fee: Included with workshop attendance costs
Renewal: None needed
Benefits: Attendance at the 2-day PEAK workshop provides a conceptual understanding of the PEAK assessment and practice with using the assessment, curriculum, and resources. Individuals who attend the 2-day PEAK workshop may advertise themselves as PEAK Level 1 Certified.
Location: Launch Egypt, 66 Al Nahda street, Maadi.
- Earn 12 Type II BACB CEUs
- Enhance your skills for addressing problem solving, perspective taking, and flexibility
- Receive hands-on training in assessment administration
- Complete the first step in the PEAK Trainer certification process by becoming Level 1 Certified
Participants will learn how to:
- Conduct PEAK assessments of language and cognition in persons with autism
- Demonstrate the ability to design a comprehensive language and cognition-training curriculum for children with autism based on assessment results
- Describe how the four learning modalities of the PEAK Relational Training System are similar and different
- Construct educational and clinical reports for ABA services geared toward insurance companies, school districts, and parents
- Write progress reports and generate data-based graphing summaries of treatment success
Registration DOES NOT include PEAK books. To purchase PEAK books, please visit: https://squareup.com/store/shawneescientificpress/
About the Trainer
Megan Miller, PhD, BCBA-D, LBA is the CEO and Operations Manager of Peak ABA Solutions. Dr. Miller is also the co-owner of Navigation Behavioral Consulting located in Virginia Beach, VA and home of the only Peak Training Clinic. She obtained her M.S. in Psychology with a Specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis from the Florida State University-Panama City Campus in 2007 and earned her PhD in Special Education and Behavior Analysis at The Ohio State University in 2015. Her early training in behavior analysis occurred at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Autism as a Volunteer/intern in 2003. Since that time, she has provided services to hundreds of children diagnosed with autism and other disabilities, provided training and supervision to individuals across the globe, and presented at numerous national and international conferences. Megan is committed to providing the most effective evidence-based practice to children with autism and developmental disabilities. This commitment led her to attend a PEAK workshop hosted by Dr. Mark Dixon, author of the PEAK Relational Training System. Dr. Miller was immediately impressed by the breadth of skills assessed using PEAK and dove right in with incorporating this assessment with her clients and supervisees. She has attended numerous workshops with Dr. Dixon and is looking forward to training others in the use of the PEAK assessment through workshops and hands-on training at the PEAK training clinic in Virginia.
* Please note registration is not complete without payment.
- Payment at Launch Egypt: 66 El Nahda street Maadi.
- For payment options from outside Egypt please email us on: Peak@launchegypt.org